Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Imperfection is Beautiful

Day 37 Doxology:  Before I begin let me take a minute to apologize for today's post.  At first, one might find it difficult to see the doxology in the story I am about to share.  But…one did, and I hope others can?

One of the things that I do is prepare bulletins for our Sunday worship service.  You know worship…a time when you can praise God with your complete presence -voice, thoughts, witness, praise, perfection.  This past weekend's bulletin was similar to the previous weeks except for one important element -my typo!

In the bulletin, there is a song list.  I like including the title of the songs that our amazing praise team sings so that our congregation can keep records of their favorites.  I've heard from more than one that they like it.  Here's my error…This weekend we sung Agnus Dei.  No big deal, right?  For your evening pleasure imagine Agnus without the "g".  Yep!  There is a God…and He has too much to do to be worrying about proofreading our bulletin.

So, by now you might be wondering where in this story is the doxology…I think it's full of "Praise to God" moments for us all.  First, the joy that others got once they realized I was human…not perfect. Second, their acceptance of my mistake, and their willingness to forgive. Third, not taking themselves too seriously.  I think we acknowledge that we serve a God that accepts imperfection.

When I arrived at The Summit in Jan."10, the youth were repainting a room they were planning on using as their own.  One of them wrote "Imperfection is Beautiful."  I remember how comfortable that made me feel.  Now that is worthy of our praise.  To those youth; to our church; and to the world…our church believes "Imperfection is Beautiful!  Lucky for me!






No comments: