Saturday, March 5, 2016

Colored Corn-Starch

Day 22 Doxology:  I am afraid that today's doxology will seem unintelligible - that's code for oxygen deprived!  Bottom line...unless your name is Jeremy, James, or Shannon your evening consist of a hot tub, someone cooking for you, and Ice Cream while you reminisce about your day's victory!

Here is mine...I took several pictures today, but I didn't realize my "Holy Doxology" until uploading today's pictures to my computer.


While waiting for our community's Hospice Race to begin, I stood off to the side watching Summiteers, and others, countdown until the color toss for this year's "Race to Remember."  When I saw the cloud, I started taking pictures.  What was recorded was a holy profile.

In churches everywhere we try so hard to share the Holy Spirit given to us at Pentecost.  The description of that moment had always been told to me as the Spirit of God "descended" on God's people.  It wasn't until that point that God's people could do amazing things.

While I looked at my pictures from today, I saw the profile of colored corn-starch descending on God's people and it made me think...what if this was the start of Pentecost for Albertville.  What if the Holy Spirit of God could come in colored contact with everyone like this cloud?  What if this day, the world was changed forever and chapter after chapter of what Christ is doing was starting to be recorded?  I do believe it is up to us and our confidence in this year's Pentecost for our community!



No comments: