Saturday, March 19, 2016

To God Be The Glory


Day 34 Doxology:  The countdown continues!  Also, the doxologies become more difficult as I witness God's reach throughout my life...I pray you have become a witness to God at work in your own life.  I'll tell you a simple secret...that is my goal!

Regardless if you've witnessed God at work in and around you I have, and I have loved this process.  So much so, that I almost hate to see it end.  I am trying to figure out a way to transition to a different doxology blog format throughout the whole year and hoping that it will not take away from what we share together during Lent.

Nonetheless, today was a bookends of "praise God" moments.  I served along side many disciples as we offered food alternative to those that need it most.  I watched servants take up the slack as one of our very own were investing in their own family time in Gatlinburg, TN.  Not to worry...we handled it well, and I believe they would be proud!  I had a lot of God moments throughout my Food Pantry morning, but one in particular included prayer with a mom that had lost her husband and wrestles with her son's liver cancer.  I never get use to prayer over a person as their tears are flowing...I never get use to being such a vessel of God's reach!

Speaking of God's reach...My day closed with an equally great doxology but in a different way.  I love the way our church has grown to understand that they have authority-authority to lead others; authority to share their faith; authority to act!

This evening, as I was sitting in my favorite chair and watching basketball with my busted bracket, I was sent a picture from someone in the church that shared how they spent their Saturday. I was blown away!  I didn't have the words to adequately share how much that picture meant to me.

Every day that I walk from my car to our church office I walk on a pea-gravel saturated sidewalk.  It is the residue of our daycare children playing. That is what they do! We have swept it, shoveled it and scooted it with our feet, but it's a natural process of our daycare children playing.  It's just what we have to deal with...until this evening!

This family worked to solve a problem.  I love it!  Our church is starting to reach a maturity where we no longer ask for permission to be disciples.  To God be the glory!

I can't say enough about the joy of feeling God's presence through our Julia Street Memorial Food Pantry and The Summit's growth through our small groups and discipleship planning-we are growing and growing more healthy! Again, to God be the glory forever, and forever, Amen!

No comments: