Tuesday, March 8, 2016

My Morning Church!

Day 24 Doxology:  Wow!  The days are screaming by...before you know it...it will be Easter and our daily "Praise God" moments will be a fleeting memory.   You will, in your conversations, at some point, recognize this year's doxology and what they've meant to you....I pray they have been as much a blessing for you as they have been for me!

Today's doxology will demand some vision!

Every morning (most every morning) I begin my day with a workout.  A workout for me and my workout partner - Tracy B - is weights and cardio.  Over the past several days I have balked on my workout scheduled for you - the church.  That means that I have forgone my usual morning ritual of..."Church!"

This is what I mean....

At The Gym is a wonderful spirit that welcomes me everyone morning with coffee and the Word!  I have gained enough trust to share her life story and enough trust for me to respond...she is Christ to me!  Today was confirmation of our time together and apart!

Mine and my wife's joke is that I go to The Gym 1st thing in the morning to "have church."  In part, that's true.  However, it's not the Gym...it's not the workouts...it's the people!  Every morning a special person meets me at the counter with a personal testimony about their previous day.  Today, in general, that would be a risky thing, but not with this person!  Her faith is her cornerstone to life.  This morning proved it!

This morning we were talking about...you guessed it, church!  It's what we talk about every morning over coffee and while I wait for my workout partner.  This morning she and I were talking when a different lady walked up and asked if I was her pastor.

She admitted that I was a pastor, just not at her church.  Then the doxology began!

This lady began to admit that every morning she overheard us talk about Jesus (I privately smiled!). Also, that a Christian's attitude toward Jesus should let others know our passion.  She shared that a young girl she had just met asked if she was a Christian because she had just accepted Christ as her LORD very recently, and in her line of work, and with her new awareness, she could tell if someone was a Christian by the way they acted.  Oddly enough....Godly enough...that was what we (me and My GYM buddy) were talking about.

If you are Christian...please live life like you were saved!  Live life with the joy that you believe in the risen savior!  And, live life as if "To God be The Glory!"  Other lives depend on it!

I serve a church, but every weekday my church starts here...


No comments: