Friday, March 25, 2016

Thanks Be To God

Day 39 Doxology:  Welcome to the next to last doxology for this season of Easter prep!  And...what a day of praising God it has been!

It started with some great reading!  I love journaling and reading about Biblical mentors!

After my time with my Biblical mentors, I cooked breakfast for Shannon and J-3.  If she told me once, she told me twenty times how much she enjoyed it and "thank you, dad!"  She is so sweet-like her Deddy!

So, if you're counting: Biblical Mentors, cooking eggs, bacon, and biscuits for the fam, and repeated praise from my daughter!

Next, I headed to St. Paul for our Good Friday service when I saw this man.  He was carrying a cross down the road in celebration of Good Friday.  He was one of three that I had the pleasure of not hitting as I passed!  Still I'm proud of their dedication, and it did make me slow down as I traveled through several counties today.

After, a colleague shared the Good Friday message we ate lunch-That's what good Methodist do!  I had the pleasure of another doxology as I sat and talked with my Julia Street Memorial family.  They are incredibly hard workers.  They had the desserts in the line-up awaiting one's BBQ drenched palate. There is something about laughing that makes you feel as if God is warming your heart!  I love my Julia Street family!

So, once again with additions: Biblical Mentors, Breakfast, "Thank You's", Cross-toters,  JSM Fam!

Afterwards, I headed back to the church for some emails and creative brochure handouts construction for Easter Sun-Rise at Mabry's Overlook.  While I was conjuring up my creative juices...Mrs. Diane. surprised me.  She was decorating for Easter-pretty awesomebut you'll have to wait until Sunday to see it for yourself!  It was worth a pause of "praise"!

I had to meet Shannon and the girls at her moms for dinner, but I had to go to the park and drop off the brochures in time for the weekend check in crowd, first.  Let me just say, every year I am amazed at the walk up traffic for our Sun Rise Service Celebration, and I want it to continue!

Once at the Lodge, I checked in-See yesterdays doxology!  Now get this...the check-in lady saw the brochure handouts that I had brought with me, and asked if she could have one?  She said that she has had several people ask her about the service, and they were there just for it!  Can I get a Praise God?  Whoop, whoop! I handed her the stack and said pass 'em out...they were for her!  She couldn't believe the coincidence...But we know, don't we?

But there's more praise to go around...I checked in, drove to our cabin and bamm...Sugar Love for the family.  In the cabin (which is a gift from our Summit family) was a basket of candy, chocolate, drinks and these packets of sour gum called "Cry Baby"-my mouth is full of spit thinking about it!  I couldn't quit eating them!

So, the count continues: Biblical Mentors, Breakfast, Daughter's Praise, Cross-toters (traffic dodgers), JSM peeps, A Diane surprise, the Holy Spirit helping me check in and the scales that fell from a ladies eyes, The unknown's asking about the Sun Rise Service, The cabin, The candy....and the Love!

Count'em!  That is a day's worth of moments that I paused and thanked God for the pleasure of His presence.  How many did I overlook?  The common thread linking each moment is love, more specific God's love.  How can anyone go through life and not know it, and why would we let them?

I have the greatest life, friends, family, churches in the world, and I serve the greatest God that is out of this world -Thanks be to God!


No comments: