Monday, March 21, 2016

The Start of the Countdown

Day 35 Doxology:  The countdown is on to the much awaited sunrise that changed the world and will bring to a close this years 40 doxologies.  However, that is a week away, and "we still have tonight."  Though that sounds a little too much like Bob Seger lyrics, we really are to make the most of today/tonight, and that is what I plan on sharing.

The events happened pretty quick tonight.  Once Shannon and I dropped some cash at Sam's we headed home to unload then to carry a few items to a friend. Once there, my life-long buddy insisted I stay and watch Woodlawn-a movie less about Tony Nathan and more about what Jesus can do if you allow Him into your home-school-community. This is the headline graphic...
If you've watched the movie that would be enough for today's doxology, but there was more left to my day before bed.  Shannon and I had found a two-sided mirror at Bed Bath & Beyond that I had wanted for a long time for our bathroom.  This mirror increases your power X8.  It attaches to the wall and swings out then folds up out of the way against the wall-it's great for putting in contacts.  By now you are thinking Jesus will return before he gets to the huge doxology worth mentioning.  Here it comes.

Just above the base of the mirror is a picture, two pictures in fact. They are a picture of my three daughters the first day that I arrived at my 1st appointment and the last day that I served that appointment.  Those two pictures represented 2 years of growth of my girls and myself.  It made me pause and just thank God that following Him is a process-a journey.  It is a road worth traveling regardless of the terrain.  It is our calling to be shared...whatever lies ahead.
That would usually be enough for me to close my computer and wished I'd proof my blog one-more-time, but there was more to my evening.  J-2 and J-3 had a strong discussion-an argument really that made them end in a hug and apology.  It took everything in me to NOT get involved.  The image of the two of them hugging was my true doxology (not pictured). If you have something unresolved with someone...there is a Father in heaven that wants you to resolve it, and fights the urger to fix it for you.  Be the bigger person.  Be the person that extends your arms to welcome the embrace that offers forgiveness and grace.  Isn't that was Jesus did for you?

No comments: