Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Crystal's Voice

Day 25 Doxology:  This "praise to God" moment will absolutely undeniably rock Crystal's world!  If it doesn't...it certainly did mine!

I have never allowed myself to get caught up in the reality show "The Voice" for many reasons that I'll not share here because it'll distract from this post.  With that said...it was awesome!

There were many unbelievably talented individuals that shared their natural gifts to woo us all -voice coaches and listeners alike.  Albeit, there was this one person that shared the very moment I sat down, and it hooked me for the rest of the show.

This talented person sang a song that was better than good...it made me pause and say, "Wow!"  In that moment one of the coaches asked, "Tell me your story?"  The artist shared..."I started singing at the age of 4 by singing "Jesus Loves Me!"  Then they asked him to sing it...and he did!

My eyes watered and chills came from no-where.  In that moment, I thought that this young man was born for this moment, and what if we were born to hear that song at this particular moment?  And...who in the world has not heard such a life-giving message to this point?

This artist answered God's call by following his dreams; why can't we?  Why don't we muster the strength and courage to do the same?

"Jesus love me this I know..." This song, originally written in 1860 by Anna B. Warner, for her sister's Sunday School Class, and more specifically, to cheer up a dying boy.  That means that 156 years later an over-weight middle-aged pastor in rural Alabama can have his eyes water and skin covered with chills because someone answered God's call to share...Only God can do that!

It reminds me of a story found in the same Bible that is mentioned in that same song...Acts 5.  In this story, a Pharisee named Gamaliel said after some disciples were arrested-again for sharing the message of God's love, Men of Israel, consider carefully what you intend to do to these men. 36 Some time ago Theudas appeared, claiming to be somebody, and about four hundred men rallied to him. He was killed, all his followers were dispersed, and it all came to nothing. 37 After him, Judas the Galilean appeared in the days of the census and led a band of people in revolt. He too was killed, and all his followers were scattered. 38 Therefore, in the present case I advise you: Leave these men alone! Let them go! For if their purpose or activity is of human origin, it will fail. 39 But if it is from God, you will not be able to stop these men; you will only find yourselves fighting against God.

Only the message from a Divine presence can transcend time and space.  And yes...even the Divine can use "The Voice" to continue His message of hope!

You go, Crystal!

No comments: