Wednesday, March 11, 2015

A Real Doxology Blessing

Day 19 Doxology:  I have jumped through many hoops today.  I saved roughly $4,300 on our copier bill; another, $70 a month on our phone service (Ok, Amy actually did that, but I had to hang up on Rodrigues! -Actually, I didn't even do that, but I was in the room!); I visited a family before and after a funeral service; and I had a very productive meeting with a very good daycare director that has worked very hard to keep us in the black this year!!! and !  I ran the gamut on hoop jumping today at work!

Focus -the bottom line for today's Doxology is simple...I did a lot of several different things -some productive and some not!  Regardless, my greatest productive moment...my day's Doxology is clear!  When I got home from church, around 8:30ish, I spent time with my wife, conversed with J-2, said an abbreviated "hi" to J-3, and talked with J-1 on the phone about several things including "Doctor Who"!  I could hear the excitement in her voice. 

Regardless of the reason for her excitement, it reminded me of an old Coach Bryant, AT&T commercial from years ago..."Have you called your Momma today?...I wished I could!" 

The connection between child and parent is today's Doxology.  If you are a parent, I pray you are patient.  If you are a son, or daughter, and can call mom or dad...do it!  It doesn't have to be about "Doctor Who"...it has to be about you!

Today's Doxology picture is an after-the-fact image, but it's really a window into a parent soaking up the moment when God's blessing rained down!

1 comment:

iveyjo said...

But a Dr. Who conversation is always great too. Lol