Wednesday, March 4, 2015

A Time of Real Sharing

Day 13 Doxology:  Admittedly, I do not have a picture for today's Doxology, but I can offer Numbers 6:24-26 in place of today's picture and ask you to draw your own image of my evening:

25                                      [May] The Lord bless you and keep you; 
                                     [May] The Lord make His face shine upon you,
                                                    And be gracious to you;
26                                      [May] The Lord lift up His onttenance upon you,
                                                    And give you peace.


This is the prayer that is shared at the close of every Youth event! And tonight...I was able to share in that prayer with our own youth!

Different from more recent nights in the past, I led the youth in supply as our community of faith's "Youth Leader" was activated with the National Guard -serving both community and country.  It was a time of blessing for me more than them for sure! It was a time reliving days gone by when I led my own youth group and the bond was tighter than I deserved!  It was a special time in my life to say the least!  Tonight, well, reminded me of God's blessings-our Youth!

We started with real images of the cross. Then a description of the meaning of the cross for Christianity as whole, then the cross's meaning for each of us personally.  Next, we discussed "Cheap Grace" as described by Bonhoeffer...then a generous portion of bonding testimony-realizing each of us has a PERSONAL story.  We closed with my favorite Scripture and a request to hear theirs...it was, without a shadow of doubt, today's Doxology moment as I heard amazing articulation and how God has touched each heart!  I love our youth, and I love the challenge I put before them...because Grace without the cross...well, it is simple "Cheap Grace"!   Let the revival begin!

No comments: