Monday, March 23, 2015

Ottoman Joy

Day 29 Doxology:  So many times I know where I'm going before I start to share the highlight of my day, but today I don't. So, If I start to ramble...well, I'm a dad!

There are moments as a parent when you think..."can I have a do-over?"  In fact, most ever day I think that is my response.  However, sometimes a parent can hit the sweet spot.  Tonight, I witnessed that "sweet spot", and this is where it happened.

Tonight, one of my three daughters experienced somethng in their life that demanded her mom's advice.  This brings about two obvious joys outside the fact that God allowed me to witness this sacred moment.  First, my daughter cared and had confidence enough in their mom to share their concern or hurt...(I will never get tired of this fact!).  Second, by their action they admit that somehow their mom got it right in life.  This is where I share in this gloating moment.

Dadship, as it turns out, is hard.  More times than not, I go to bed wishing I hadn't said this, or I wished I had said that.  To sum it up, I'm always second guessing myself, except tonight.

The ottoman pictured is the place that my daughter sat to share, ask, and receive advice of her current situation.  The fist-pumps (not pictured) are not as a result that my daughter was struggling with a certain issue, but that she wanted to ask our (her mom's) advice.  What a moment of exuberant joy!

How great would it be if we were all so confident in our relationship with our Heavenly Father that reproduced such an image? What if we wouldn't pause with a moment of concern to sit on an ottoman before God and share?  Today, the church is full of families that get upset at others, doctrine, or programs mainly because they fail to pause and seek counsel with God.  Today, I pray for our Church (universal) because I'm excited about my family! Praise be to God for every joy I've experienced as a dad and pastor!

No comments: