Thursday, March 12, 2015

Lenten Discipline Doxology

Day 20 Doxology: Today's Doxology was a very unexpected surprise.  In today's mail was a card that express things like appreciation, gratitude, recognition, service, prayer, thankfulness, and my personal favorite...friendship.  Both Shannon and I were humbled to say the least.

There is another Doxology beyond the obvious.  What I realized, after the initial surprise, was Lent matters.  I talked to the person with the purple pen and incredible handwriting to say thanks...their response was it was their Lenten Discipline.  40 days and 40 cards...now that's what I'm talking about!

As a pastor, you pray for moments like these.  Someone in your congregation participates in certain disciplines that connect them to God...and what they feel is God.  And, as a pastor, I'm thinking that if I can get people in my congregation to feel God...it will stick!  Because, I believe there is not another feeling like it in this world!  When it sticks...bridges are built, healing begins, and lives are restored.  The past is forgotten, and yes forgiven, and hope for the future lights all the dark spaces of our lives.  I believe that feeling then becomes contagious!

So, this Lenten Doxology was because of a Lenten Discipline of another...And, I pray that because I shared it with you...the gift continues.  My only concern is why am I only 20th on this person's list?  I guess I'll admit...I'm just happy to be on the list!

No comments: