Friday, March 6, 2015

All Our Senses!

Day 5 Doxology:  Wow!  Day 15 of my 40 days of doxology moments and today's came through the backdoor.

Funny how the weather makes me oblivious to my doxology moments...So selfishly, I missed yesterday.  Then today God sparked all my senses to remind me of His' glory.  If you are a parent...can you remember how God has been a part of your life through your children?  I mean really a part of your life?  Like the smell of the top of the barn when they're playing, or the sweat from a blanket underneath a saddle when they're riding.  What about the thickness of a pasture being turned then baled as they sit in your lap driving terribly?  Our memories touch all of our senses!

Today, my eyes waters as I closed a conversation with J-1.  Her "today" ended an assignation game played with her 130-150 R.U.F group...her faith-based peers.  When I talked to her earlier she mentioned that if she could complete today's classes then her advisor session and make it back to her dorm room the worst she could do is tie (Even though in Alabama that is like kissing her sister) -there was J-1 and one other left. And, the best I understood was she couldn't assonate the remaining contestant -that meant "stealth" was the utmost priority!  So, she made her way through class and sealed herself in her dorm to close out the game.  A well played planned that advanced her to the next round!  Great job Jonesy, but that is not today's doxology...

Today's doxology is the sensitivity to the senses...mainly, the senses of a father's memories.  When J-1 was a wee-little girl.  She world do this thing with her lips and nose that we dubbed the "Bitter Beer Face"!  During that time a Keystone Light Beer commercial was on T.V. and the advertisement slogan was, "Don't you Drink No Bitter Beer...Drink a Better Beer!"  J-1 would mimic the face of the bitter beer drinking actor and we (her mom and I) would dub the face "the Bitter Beer Face!"  We laughed and she'd performed!

Tonight, after advancing to the next round, she gave me a mature version of the "Bitter Beer Face"...a gift and today's doxology moment...as a result...all my senses of her youth are alive!








No comments: