Tuesday, March 3, 2015

PART-ail Family Night

Day 12 Doxology:  It's late so I'll be brief!  Lately, we have made it a point to cherish family moments.  That seems incredibly hard with J-1 away at college; J-2 planning college; J-3 winning 3rd in the county with her award winning Pecan Pie, but we feel so strongly that our time (as parents) is slipping away that we are scratching and clawing to make every moment count!

Yesterday, I told the girls that I was taking them out tonight, and I didn't say where or what we would be doing.  It was amazing how excited they were just knowing that they were going to be my focus for the night.  So, tonight came, and they rushed home and got ready for some sweet daddy time with his wallet open!


I had planned a movie (McFarland U.S.A), and dinner.  By the time they (everyone, but me) changed all of my plans we ended up with a daddy date at Buffalo Wild Wings minus the movie!  Here is the deal...the night was partial on so many levels...partial daughters, partial plans, partial meal, partial weather!  What was not "partial" was the joy of a thankful dad enjoying every FULL moment of the night!  We will do this again, I'm certain!

No comments: