Monday, March 2, 2015

Legit Doxology

Day 11 Doxology:  What a day paying attention to sweet moments of praise to God...My day started with my elliptical workout then, of course prayer, and then next a very personal devotional from Jennifer Giddens (2015 Lenten Devotional).  Then, I encountered a fruitful bible study on the book of Roman's this morning at the District office.  It came to a close with precious, and much coveted, time with the family.

As a father of three girls...seldom, do I get to have one of my daughter tell me that they want "legit "Mom's" spaghetti" -my eye's watering thinking about the significance!  My heart was "strangely warm".

Nevertheless, Supper with...not three...not two...but, one of my daughters and her mom landed the greatest moment of the day!  No college talk...not, "do the clothes!"...not, "turn out your lights" or "clean your room!"  The pinnacle of my doxology day came from time spent eagerly waiting on the much coveted family-time watching the bachelor -Don't judge -house full of women!

So here's the deal...this weekend, I mentioned that I had a difficult time seeing God after being cooped up with the family because of all the snow...what was I thinking!  As a father, I crave for those moments...I pray for those moments!  I was reminded that my doxology moments were valued and help others see their own doxologies from a caring person.  In fact, if it had not been Sunday (mini Easters and not included in Lent), I would have screamed from the rooftops how much this person was Christ to me and thereby landing doxology "top honors!"  If by chance you are reading this...may God bless you!

Still...legit homemade spaghetti plus one-on-one time with your daughter and your wife...really?  What would your doxology moment be?  If your asking me...take the time!

No comments: