Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Pisssssst, Here I Am

Day 25 Doxology: How many times have you looked at something, and it's the same something that you've seen a hundred times before. Yet, when you see it...it warms you.


Today, this evening late, I had a moment like I just described.  It was long overdue.

I spent the entire day staring at books or a computer with an assortment of phone calls and text, I looked everywhere and nothing warmed my heart like I just described until the day slowed down.  

God does that you know -tries to get our attention and we won't let Him in.  I read scripture (God's Word alive and fluid), I read commentaries (theologian's expressions of God when I cannot find the words), phone calls and text (from the people God has called me to serve and share in their every moment of life), and it wasn't until I quit trying so hard that I could use all my senses to pinpoint God that I found Him.

This image is not a special "ahah" moment of brilliant colors that takes your breath (Although it is a beautiful contrast of colors)...today's picture is the picture of a whisper.  God whispering to get my attention by saying, "Pisssssst, here I am..."  Thinking about it at this moment warms my heart.  

Don't waste a minute of your day looking but not seeing!

No comments: