Saturday, March 14, 2015

Many Doxologies in One Day!

Day 21 Doxology:  I really don't know where to begin...however, there seems to be a theme.

Today is usually a day off working on stuff that has been put off -sermons, phone calls, emails, statistical data, healing hearts, calling families, visitation, etc., etc.  There is always much to do.  Today had a different flavor.

It started around lunch.  A class in our daycare climbed all over me while they shared more than you would care to know.  Then I made a few heart warming calls as I drove home.  Just before I pulled in the driveway, I was forced to pause because J-1 pulled in just before me.  Yeah, my oldest daughter is home form college!

As I celebrated J-1, J-3 slept on the couch preparing for the Friday night she would give up to work.  I am constantly reminded that each of my daughters have great work ethics...Then in the dust of a thumping bass, here comes J-2.  The windows down and "peace signs" waving as she pulled into the garage driving her mom's Yukon.  Then great joy as she jumped into the car of a friend headed to the senior-high basketball game, but not before a show of talent for her mom and the neighborhood.  All my girls are home; life is good!

I love my girls! I really love that each girl is unique beyond description.  Each girl brings their own unique characteristic to share in one joyous Friday night -A God-is-good moment!

I am reminded that today's Doxology started with a class of our daycare's finest.  They sang and danced as they shared what they've been taught.  I then went home, and I felt great joy from my own children.  It became clear to me the next generation and the generation beyond are the fruits of our best work! 

I pray that we remember the joy we all share in teaching those that God has trusted in our care...I can't think of a greater expression of our's and God's love!


No comments: