Monday, March 9, 2015

The Hope to Come

Day 17 Doxology:  Sometimes there are few, if any, things that move us.  You are probably thinking..."This is the best that Jones is got for his doxology?"  Just be patient!

For my 21 days of Prayer and Fast that started my 2015, I was revived and inspired the way God was faithfully rebirthing that person that I thought I had lost a long time ago.  This post may seem trite or insignificant, but for me, it is the enthusiasm of the hope to come.

Do you remember when you were a child how the night before Christmas was so crazy that you had a hard time getting to sleep?  You looked to the future with the enthusiasm of hope for what is (was) to come.  You never put it in those terms...it was usually "I can't wait to shoot the 22 rifle that Santa Clause will bring...I can't wait to ride the bicycle that Santa will deliver!"  It is the excitement that comes with the hope of a new and different future...A better future for yourself and others.

Lately, I've moved from the person that experienced overwhelming joy through my 21 days of Prayer and Fast.  Tonight, I gained a little of that back.  I watched (for a 2nd time) a documentary called Forks Over Knives, and I became excited and the enthusasitic hope to come. If you haven't watched it, please do.

In addition/ closing, it made me think of how many people come to the church looking (searching!) for that same feeling I've been trying to describe -the unbridled enthusiasm of the hope to come.  For many, the hope is acceptance and love -two feelings they've never felt not even from family.  If the church can't be that conduit for God's hope for the future...what hope is there?   To God be the glory!

No comments: