Monday, March 16, 2015

Doxology Residue

Day 23 Doxology: Tonight I have left-over thoughts from this weekend.  My aging daughter...the daughter that was a youth being baptized yesterday and a college student today is growing up.  So, today's doxology is for you, and it is a reminder that you have a small amount of time to make a difference to with your child.  Life goes by, and all you have are memories -good or bad.

The joke is in our family that we can't get J-1 to come home from college.  Well, as luck would have it, this week was spring break for the U of A, and they closed her dorm and I guess ( I wonder if) all she had was home.  She drove in on Friday and was gone again Saturday.  The call today was she stopped off in T-Town for fresh clothes and dinner with friends.  She then jumped into the car for a stop at Ole Miss then on to Memphis with friends.  She is planning a trip to the beach to close out the week.  She is visiting friends that she studied with in Oxford, England.

I was talking to a neighbor today telling him about J-1's plans for Soring Break, and he said, "Oh, to be young again!"

I thought about our conversation when I left his house and I agree...Oh what it would be to be young!  But not young and in college...a "young" parent!

To go back and do parenting again would be amazing...life giving...guilt relieving.  What if we could do things better, and it's not too late?  Would you act on your convictions?


This picture is a picture that even 4 days later is my Doxology moment!  I would change this moment for nothing except to add J-2.


No comments: