Thursday, March 15, 2018

Attitude Check

Day 26 Doxology:  Sorry about yesterday...I needed to check my attitude?

Tonight we had the closing celebration for our Upward Basketball season. The special guest speaker was Kevin (something-or-other), and he combined the special message of God's free gift and the attraction of magic for all the Upward teams.  There were 41 teams that participated in this year's season -Praise the Lord!  How many seeds were planted?  We may never know, but, there is something I do know...yesterday's absence of a doxology post and today's doxology was synonymous with something he said throughout his program!

Kevin started with lite simple magic, then he tried a little advance trickery to keep the different age groups engaged.  Next he had volunteers.

The pictures I included are of a princess picking her husband which was the best part of the program for the adults, because of the reactions of the kids to the thought of having a husband of a wife.  Clearly, a fun-loving time!  However, still not the doxology for tonight.

Kevin started early in the program by saying, "What do we do when we need an attitude adjustment?" He prompted us with the answer, "We Praise the Lord!"

Yes!  That's it, I thought!

That is the whole point of this Lenten Blog...Praising the Lord should be at the heart of everything we do.  Kevin would say, "Attitude Check?" And, we respond with, "Praise the Lord!"

In short, praising the Lord is the perfect antidote to anything that ails us in life.  If we are sad, "Attitude Check! Praise the Lord!"  If we are happy, "Attitude Check! Praise the Lord!"  If we are mad, "Attitude Check! Praise the Lord!"  I think you get it!

It reminds me of the Psalmist, "I will praise the Lord all my life; I will sing praise to my God as long as I live." And, "I will always extol the lord at all times, His praise will always be on my lips."

How can we realign our life in such a way that whatever we face, our praise the Lord will rest comfortably on our lips?  I believe we start by checking our attitude!



No comments: