Thursday, March 8, 2018

Life of Lemon Pies

Day 20 Doxology:  Do you and wife (or husband) have a special fast-food place?

If anyone knows Shannon, they would know that she loves Milo's.  She likes the special sauce, the toasted bun, 3 maybe 4 french fries, and loves, loves, loves the lemon pie!  We laugh every time she opens the little lemon pie container and say in unison..."closure!"

Since we moved to Athens, the nearest Milo's Hamburgers is in Cullman, we thought!  I was in Decatur for a funeral last month when I ran across a new Milo's Hamburger location-only 25mins from home.

I knew that I would have to surprise Shannon.

A couple of days ago I made plans.  I told her that I was going to take her to dinner, but it was going to be a surprise.  She tried to guess.  She asked so many questions.  However, before some of you think this is the cheesiest entry this year, and you might be right, I do have a point!

I praise God today for this reminder...I think it's the small things that make our relationship great!  Who said that a surprise dinner had to be some huge, expensive, or extravagant ordeal?  The small things that we do over and over when no one is looking or without some Mariachi band playing in the background are the gentle reminders for those that we love that we are still IN love.  Anyone can do the big stuff, but the people that can do the little things day-in and day-out win the mate race.

Do this...try to out-do your wife, husband, girlfriend, boyfriend, or maybe even mom or dad.  Make life a series of Lemon Pies for those that you love.  Who knows, it may come back to you 10 fold. Today's lemon pie might be tomorrow's morning coffee.


No comments: